Monday, June 8, 2009

Bonjour!

Okay, I know what you're thinking, but this isn't a French blog. The name of this blog means: Summer In the Pool.
My name is Shay, and this is a blog about swimming, or my summer in the pool! First of all, I'll tell you a little about myself.
I have been on Gulf Coast Swim Team for a couple of years, which isn't a lot because some kids have been on it since they were five. I'm not that fast (and I'm not being modest). In fact, ten year-olds are beating me, but that's what you get when you start late (and loaf).
My coach is frighteningly tough. If you do something wrong, you do lots of butterfly or push-ups. At least fifty, if you're me.
(She keeps an eye on me all the time because she knows I'm trouble!!! Mwah ha ha!)
I'm making this blog to remember this summer like it was and you get bored staying at home. Why? We swim twice a day, four hours (two in the morning, two in the afternoon), for six days a week. Except I'm going to start skipping Saturday afternoons. They suck.
So, you'll read a new entry every morning (hopefully. I'm not that reliable). I hope you like my blog! Oh yeah, the workout:
Warm-up
400 free

12x50s on 1:15 (kick, drill, swim. First three were fly, second three were back, and so on)

Sets
8x200s free pull on 3:00

5x100s on 1:40
1x400 backstroke
(we did this three times)

200 warm-down.

Now keep in mind this is long course (50 meters).

2 comments: